Richland County Councilwoman Joyce Dickerson, who also serves as Chair of the National Foundation for Women Legislators (NFWL), will travel to New Jersey next week to help install the new Chair of the prestigious organization of women elected officials.
On Monday, Dickerson will join members of NFWL's leadership to honor New Jersey State Senator Diane Allen, who will serve as Chair of the organization for the year. Dickerson, who represents Richland County District 2, was installed last year as Chair in a ceremony held at the S.C. State House and at which Allen was present.
During her tenure as Chair of NFWL, the organization:
- Reconfigured the structure of the NFWL
- Hired a new executive director the NFWL
- Hired a new operations manager, and the first male to serve in the position
- Worked with Office Depot to distribute book bags to students
- Marked the 75th anniversary of the organization
Dickerson was first sworn in to serve on the Richland County Council in 2005. In January, she was elected by her colleagues on Council to serve as Vice Chair.
NFWL provides strategic resources to women for leadership development and effective governance through conferences, seminars, educational materials, professional and personal relationships.