Goal of Outreach
The goal of Voter Outreach is to ensure that all Richland County residents who are eligible to vote are provided with a direct connection to the elections process. Voter Outreach directly interacts with the public through local events and provides services such as registering voters, educating voters about the election process, recruiting poll workers, and demonstrating how to use our voting equipment.
If you would like to have Voter Outreach at your school, church, or any other event, there are three ways to contact us.
- Please email this Outreach Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voter Registration New and Updating (minimum 30 people in attendance)
- Distribution of materials
- Voter Information educational talk (minimum 30 people in attendance)
- Recruitment of Poll Workers
- Supplying voter registration materials
- Voting machine demonstration (minimum 30 people in attendance)
- You may call Voter Registration and Elections if you have questions at (803) 576-2240.
- Feel free to visit us at Richland County Voter Registration and Elections, located at 2020 Hampton Street Columbia, SC 29204.
It is important that all outreach event requests be submitted to our office a minimum of two weeks prior to the date of your event to guarantee priority for your event.
If you wish to have a voting machine demonstration in addition to voting outreach, it is important that any voter machine requests be submitted to our office a minimum of four weeks prior to the date of your event to guarantee that staff who work with the voter machines will be able to set aside equipment for the demonstration.
Upcoming Outreach Events