The Richland County Finance Office is responsible for maintaining the fiscal integrity of the County’s financial records. This office reports the results of the County’s operations and changes in its financial position to various interested parties such as state and federal grantors, regulatory agencies, and concerned taxpayers.
Functions and Responsibilities of this office include:
- Accounts Payable – Provide payment for invoices to county vendors.
- Fiscal Auditing – Preparation of Annual Financial Statements and other financial reports as required or requested by federal and state agencies, County Council, Administration, or financial markets.
- Budgeting – Create and Maintain the County’s Annual Budget.
- Payroll Processing – Process and maintain employee time records and issue employee payroll checks.
- Accounts Receivable – Collections and payment processing for Water, Sewer, landfill, Retiree Insurance, and Employee Parking.
2020 Hampton Street
4th Floor Room 4036
Columbia, SC 29201
Post Office Box 192
Columbia, SC 29202
M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
General Information: 803-576-2100
Water & Sewer Questions: 803-576-2094
Accounts Payable: 803-576-2093
To view Budget Dashboard click here.
For your payment and convenience, water and sewer usage fees, retiree insurance premiums , landfill tipping charges and monthly parking charges, can now be paid via credit card by clicking the online payment button found below. Please note that a portal fee of $1.00 plus 1.7% of the amount being paid will be added to your charge and your payment may not be reflected in your account for up to three business days.
Richland County makes grant opportunities available to non-profit organizations that serve the County and meet the specific grant program criteria. Visit our Grants page for details.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Natashia Dozier, Grants Manager at: 803.576.2069
The Finance Department coordinates the combined efforts of the county staff in the preparation of the budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
In conjunction with the County Finance Committee, a budget is recommended for approval and adopted by County Council after approval at three council readings and a public hearing.
The fiscal year for Richland County runs from July 1st through June 30th.
The budgeting process is a six-month event that begins in December and receives final approval by county council in June.
During the Budgeting Process, advertisements are placed requesting applications from all agencies requesting supplemental funding during the next fiscal year. Applications are accepted during the designated period only and presented to County Council for approval with committee recommendations.