Trane, a leading global provider of indoor comfort systems and services and a brand of Ingersoll Rand, is expanding its existing Richland County operations. The business is projected to invest $96 million and create 700 new jobs to increase its overall flexibility in line with business growth.
Trane has approximately 600 employees in South Carolina and offers a broad range of energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, as well as advanced building controls and parts support. Trane systems have leading positions in premium commercial, residential and industrial markets.
Located at 400 Killian Road, Trane’s existing Richland County facility makes components and units for HVAC equipment. This expansion will grow the facility by 680,000 square feet. Hiring for the new positions should begin in 2018 as construction nears completion.
“We’re delighted with Trane’s decision to expand their operations here in Richland County,” said Richland County Council Chair Joyce Dickerson. “When a widely respected company like Trane invests $96 million and creates 700 new job opportunities, it speaks volumes about the business environment we enjoy here.”
FIVE FAST FACTS
· Trane is expanding its existing Richland County operations.
· $96 million investment to create 700 new jobs.
· Trane is a leading global provider of indoor comfort systems and services.
· Located at 400 Killian Road in Columbia, S.C., Trane’s existing facility will be expanded by 680,000 square feet.
· Hiring for the new positions should begin in 2018 as construction nears completion.